As expert boiler installers in Ripley, Alfreton and Belper, and across Derbyshire, we like to ensure that our customers have all the choice and information when looking to install a new boiler (or anything else plumbing related, for that matter).
In the UK, there are several types of boilers commonly used for central heating and hot water. The main types of boilers are:
- Combi boilers: Combination boilers, or combi boilers, are the most popular type of boiler in the UK. They provide hot water and heating on demand, without the need for a hot water tank or cylinder. Combi boilers are generally compact and easy to install, and they are suitable for small to medium-sized homes.
- System boilers: System boilers are similar to combi boilers, but they require a hot water cylinder to store hot water. System boilers are ideal for homes with more than one bathroom or for larger properties with higher hot water demands.
- Conventional boilers: Conventional boilers, also known as heat-only or regular boilers, require both a hot water cylinder and a cold-water tank. These boilers are suitable for larger properties with high hot water demands and where the water pressure is low.
- Condensing boilers: Condensing boilers are a type of boiler that are designed to be more energy efficient than non-condensing boilers. They work by recovering heat from the flue gases that would otherwise be lost and reusing it to heat the water. This makes them more efficient and can save on energy bills.
- Back boilers: Back boilers are an older type of boiler that are no longer installed in new homes but can still be found in older properties. They are often located behind a fireplace and provide heating and hot water.
- Electric boilers: Electric boilers use electricity to heat water and are often used in properties that do not have a gas supply. They are generally more expensive to run than gas boilers, but they are also more environmentally friendly and easier to install.
It’s important to choose the right type of boiler for your home based on your hot water demands, the size of your property, and your budget.
If you’re looking for a new boiler in the Belper, Alfreton and Ripley area, then look no further than Leeva. We can help you choose the right type of boiler for your needs as your local, professional boiler installers. Call us today on (01773) 749 713 and book your no obligation site visit and quote.