Get Your Gas Fire Serviced
When it comes to gas safety, it's not just your boiler that needs servicing and checking. All you gas appliances need to be safe and that includes your hob, oven and any gas fires. It's also a good idea to have your gas pipework checked at the same time and, if you're a landlord, you are legally required to have a gas safety inspection every year.
All the gas engineers Leeva Plumbing & Heating Ltd are Gas Safe registered, meaning they are legally qualified to work on any of your gas appliances. NEVER allow anyone who isn't Gas Safe registered to work on your appliances. You can see all our individual Gas Safe registered ID numbers on our website, here.
When Should I Get My Boiler and Gas Fires Serviced?
You should get your appliances serviced each year. However, if you notice any of the following warning signs, you should call a Gas Safe registered plumber immediately:
- The gas appliance is not working properly
- Your boiler is burning with a lazy yellow flame rather than a crisp blue one
- Black marks/stains are evident around the gas appliance
- The pilot light keeps going out on your boiler
- There is increased condensation in the room
How Can I Reduce The Risk Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning From Gas Appliances
Carbon monoxide poisoning is caused by gas appliances that have not been properly installed or maintained. You can’t see it, taste it, or even smell it. But it can kill without warning in just a matter of hours.
Now we don't want to cause alarm, and if you have your appliances serviced annually the risk is greatly reduced. However, we thought we'd also outline some steps you can take to minimise the risk:
- Ensure that ventilation holes or air bricks are unblocked
- Do not use any room with an open fire place or gas fire to sleep in.
- Do not place portable gas heaters in hallways or corridors.
- Only use portable barbecues outside.
- Do not have a ceiling fan fitted in a room where a gas fire and/or gas boiler is present.
If you haven't had your gas fire or boiler serviced in the last year then give us a call on (01773) 749 713 and we'll make sure you're safe and everything's running efficiently.
- Our Top 10 Tips to Winterise Your Home’s Plumbing and Heating System in Derbyshire
- How to Fix a Leaking Pipe in Your Plumbing System
- The Importance of Proper Ventilation in Your Plumbing System
- Understanding the Different Types of Radiators for Your Heating System
- Why Your Heating System Might Need a Powerflush